Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Change of plans

Yesterday we had BIG plans to go to the zoo. We have been wanting to take Lukas to the zoo since Fathers Day. It seems like Dan has pretty much had to work almost every Saturday since. They only Saturdays he seemed to have off were already taken for other things. We figured Labor Day would be a great day to go, even though we knew it would be crowded. Apparently we were wrong! We knew it was supposed to be a rainy day. We figured we would try to go anyways. We didn't make it very far. On our way it started raining cats and dogs and hailing. We had to turn around it was almost so bad we couldn't see. I was so disappointed. Especially when about a few hours later it cleared up and was sunny the rest of the day. Hopefully we can make it to the zoo soon. Instead we went and had dinner at the Olive Garden. We came home and spent a while outside playing. My mom came by and brought Lukas some gifts she got him on her trip to the Mt. Man Rendevous. She got him a cute bow and arrow, tomahawk, and an indian head band with a feather. Too bad he is scared of the head band and won't let it ANYWHERE near his head.

Lukas is so obsessed with balls right now. He is a great kicker, I am pretty sure we have a future soccor player on our hands.

Daddy and Lukas. Dans a great dad and loves to play with him.
The bow and arrow grandma and grandpa bought him. It shoots really far.

Lukas had a lot of fun gathering the arrows after they had been shot.

4 comments:

rain said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to go to the zoo. It may have been nice for you, actually. I went when I was still early in my pregnancy, and there were a lot of animals I couldn't see, just because of the smells. I hope you enjoyed your food, though.

~Our Family~ said...

Hi.. Thanks for giving me the link to your blog... This is Cindy from Cafe mom.. I'm so glad that you still have a house after the lamp incident.. That would be scary.. I love your blog. I added your blog to my blogs to watch I hope you don't mind... Talk to you later...

.l i c k t e e s. said...

we've been trying to get to the zoo lately, too. i wish it was a little closer because then i wouldn't come up with so many excuses not to go :) i love lukas' little bow and arrow! it's super cute!

DeSisto Digitals said...

SAD DAY! I didn't know you didn't get to go to the zoo! You were so excited too... that makes me feel bad. What a bummer. At least your kid seemed overjoyed with life anyway! Ha, ha!