Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gallbladder

Yesterday I started getting pains in my chest. I sort of just ignored it because I thought it was heart burn. I have never had heartburn in my life before so I had no idea what it felt like. It just progressivly got worse as the night went on. It got so bad that I seriously felt like I was having a heart attack! I called my mom to ask her what heart burn felt like and it didn't sound like it. I didn't want to seem like a woose so I hung up and tried to just deal with it. It just kept getting worse when I called her to come and get me and take me to the hospital. I didn't think this was heartburn. Dan met us there and while I was in the waiting room I started feeling better. However, I seriously think the pain I was having was worse then labor. While I was waiting for my mom it got so bad I started throwing up.People in the E.R. kept mentioning gallbladder since I was pregnant. After having an EKG and blood work done they did an ultrasound on my Gallbladder. We tried to get the ultrasound tech to let us have a peak at the baby but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. He even said that he could probably tell us what the sex was (at least a pretty good idea.) but he wasn't going anywhere near that area. Seriously this might sound stupid but I wanted to cry. I had just gone through all that pain and had been sitting in the E.R. for about four hours. I just wanted to see my baby so that something good could come out of it. Well they found gall stones three of them and so it is official I have gallbladder issues. There isn't much I can do about it. I just have to watch what I eat and hope that what I do eat doesn't cause an attack. I am pretty sure that the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's that I ate last night was the major culprit of my attack. They don't usually take your gallbladder out until after you give birth. So six more months of hoping I don't have an attack and if I do just dealing with it. They did give me loritaps and said I could take them but try not to do it too often. They said a few throughout the pregnancy wouldn't hurt the baby. Hopefully that won't have to be an option for me though. I called my Drs. just to let them know and I have an appointment anyways tomorrow. So we are going to go over everything tomorrow. The nurse did say that she felt so bad for me because she had the same thing during her pregnancy and it was awful. She said she seconds my opinion on it being worse then labor. She had to have hers removed immideatly following the birth of her baby. So this might have to be an option for me.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm sorry. Pregnancy is hard without having extras to go with it. I'm glad though that it wasn't the baby or your heart. Take care - boycott those Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches.

rain said...

That sucks that the ultra sound guy was such a dillhole. Seriously, I probably would have said that I'm paying out the butt for you to just sit here and look at the gall stones, can you just let me see it? Or, I would have faked some kind of seizure and said I needed water, and then just put it on my stomach just to see what I could. That guy sucked. Almost as much as your gall bladder. Sorry.

DeSisto Digitals said...

That's terrible, Brandi!!! I'm glad you're okay... well, KIND OF okay, I guess! :( You should have kicked that doctor in HIS gallbladder and said, "BAM!" That's my great idea. Thanks... I know, it was awesome.

~Our Family~ said...

Oh I'm so sorry that sounds painfull. I hope that you will be able to have no more problems the rest of your pregnancy. When do you find out what you are having?