Saturday, December 6, 2008

Temple square

I was so excited to go up to temple square and see the lights today. I don't think Dan and I have ever been there together and I really wanted to share this experience with him and with Lukas. We went with our friends Neil, Ali and Emma and it was a lot of fun. We ate at Sweet Tomatoes and then rode Trax to Salt Lake. That was my first trax experience and I thought it was a great way to get around. Lukas was a little scared at first when he saw the floor beneath him move. After a minute though he got really excited and said choo choo. The kids were awesome and so well behaved tonight. I am sure they thought that it was as beautiful as I did and were entranced. I love Christmas and all the great things about it. Temple square is such a great place because it is so beautiful and really helps remind you that Christmas is about the savior.

I am in awe of just how beautiful the temple is. It brings peace to my heart to know that so long ago the pioneers built this temple. They had to be so dedicated and had to know with all their hearts that the church was true. I don't know how else they would have been able to build such a beautiful building in that era with limited resources. I feel so blessed to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I feel so blessed that my family could be sealed for time and eternity in the temple just like this temple.

Lukas and Emma just had to hold hands. Isn't it cute?
I love how you can see the temple in the reflection in the water in this picture.
Lukas is so lucky to have such a great daddy who loves him.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

What a wonderful night! I always think of Temple Square at Christmas time. We used to go there every year.

Jennifer said...

Our family went up there saturday it was beautiful! My girls loved it! It was really pretty warm too! We go up there every year with shane's family. How's your pregnancy?? Your having a girl right?? Girls are tons of fun!!