Tonight we rode the Polar Express train (AKA the Heber Creeper). It was a lot of fun. Lukas loves trains and we hyped him up all day telling him we were going to ride the choo choo. When we pulled up Lukas got really excited and kept saying choo choo over and over again. The train takes you to the North Pole. While your going to the North Pole you get cookies and hot chocolate handed out by none other then Santas Elves. They hand out Polar Express books and you follow along while the story is read. The Elves even come around and ask each child what they would like for Christmas and they write it down. The conductor comes out and punches your tickets. Lukas for some reason was really enthralled with the conductor and kept staring at him. Once you get to the North Pole Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause join the train. I thought Lukas would be scared of Santa but he wasn't. He stared at him and really seemed to take an interest. Santa handed out bells from his sleigh just like the little boy got in the Polar Express story.

Lukas and daddy before we boarded the train.

Enjoying his cookie
Santa Clause and Lukas. Santa told Lukas that he liked his shirt. His shirt says I believe.
8 comments:
Sounds like you had a blast. I love Dan's face in the last picture, it's like he's doing the blue steel.
Fun! Lukas looks so serious. He's just taking it all in. It makes you wonder what is going on in his head.
That seriously would be so excellent. I love how scared Lukas looks in the bottom picture...like Santa will try something unsavory as soon as he moves his eyes. How fun. You guys are so good to Lukas.
Rainey thanks for saying we are so good too Lukas. I know this is going to sound dumb but it made my day. I think I am having an emotional pregnancy day and I needed to hear that. However, I can't take all the credit for the Polar Express we just took him my mom bought our tickets. So thanks grandma.
Aww That is too cute. I have been wanting to take Aryn to it, but I think we will have to wait till next year when she is old enough to actually sit and enjoy it without making me want to pull my hair out.
Sounds so much fun though... I am jealous! :D
i looked at tickets, but wasn't sure if mae was still too young to appreciate it or not. sounds like i should have taken her!
Looks like so much fun! I wish we had something similar. I can't wait to bring Savannah to Utah for Christmas next year.
Brandi--so good to see you the other day @ macey's. Lukas is sooo big! What a doll!
I forgot your email to invite you to our blog so email me when you have a sec. ac_smash@Hotmail.com
Post a Comment