
Friday, January 30, 2009
Meet binky bear
Lukas is starting to feel better (even though he is still coughing) so we thought we better take the binky away. Miss Blair could make her arrivial at anytime and we don't want to cut it any closer then we already have. So I took Lukas to build a bear today and we made binky bear. We put his binky's inside him and sewed them up. Lukas picked out everything himself. He put the binky's in there no problem and was all excited. I knew that excitment had to come to an end though. Lukas played with Emma at the mall for a while then we had dinner there. When it came time to leave he was furious. He then started crying for his binky. I told him it went inside the bear and they are bye bye. We made it too the car (of course it was a fight) and got home. Well he cried off and on for a while for it. I distracted him with Elmo. However, he kept pulling chairs up to the counter trying to find an "extra one" lying around. Then he hugged the bear and then tried to open him to get them out. When it came time for bed time he flipped out and wouldn't let me read him a story he said no and threw the book. I tried to say prayers and he said no and pulled my arms a part. I finally just had to leave him in his room. He just keeps standing at the door screaming and saying binky mommy please. I feel so bad. I am sticking to my guns and trying to ignore the crying. Dan won't be home from work for a few more hours so hopefully he calms down soon. Tomorrow night though I am going out and it is Dans turn to tackle the binky issue by himself. Wish us luck!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
The bear idea is so cute!! I tried the "cutting the binky until it's too short to suck on" trick. After my first cut, the babies threw it across the room and screamed so long that I drove to the store and bought new ones!
Good luck! Let me know what works for you!!
Oh what a sad face!! He will be ok but I'm sure it is very hard on you. Hopefully he finally falls asleep. The bear was a great idea!
it gets easier, i promise. it just takes a few days. we did the binkie about 4 months ago and the bottle last week. you can do it!
Poor kid! Even poorer mom! How hard to hear him screaming! I think you need headphones or something. It's so hard to do things for "their own good". Especially when they don't understand. Dan is definitely in charge tonight - you can't do 2 nights in a row - that's emotionally overload! Hope things go better tonight.
OH NO! How sad for the poor little guy! That is always so hard.
That was a really clever idea though to put his binky in the bear, I never would have thought of that.
I hope he finds comfort in something else soon and doesn't try to steal Blair's binkies when she gets here.
Hang in there Lukas! You can do it!
That is a great idea!! Poor little guy. I bet you are having a hard time with that. I cave in so easily which I know isn't good, but the good thing is that Cameron was easy to break off the bottle and his binky (Whew).
Good Luck!!
Post a Comment