Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bday party with friends

Lukas had a birthday party today with my family and his fun friends. We had a play dough/ cookie party. My mom found this really cool cookie dough that looked like playdough. We had the kids cut out and design cookies. While they were baking we did cake and ice cream and presents. Once the cookies cooled they decorated them with frosting, sprinkles and candy. I think it went really well and all the kids seemed to have a good time. The parents did as well.

Emma just wanted to eat her cookie dough. Thats okay her dad had a lot of fun making really cool cookies with her dough. He won with the most creative looking cookies (Neil is very artistic) he made a hot dog, a yo gabba gabba charcter and a kitty cat. They were cute.
Lukas had fun pounding the dough.
He got a new basket ball hoop. It was funny because when he was done unwrapping it I asked him to stand by it so I could take a picture and so he stood right by it and folded his arms for some reason.
He got really excited about his presents and would hold them up for us to see. He got some finger paints. We were excited because I have been wanting to try these with Lukas but hadn't gotten around to buying any yet.
Lukas's train cake. I decorated it myself. I need some more practice but I didn't do too bad for my first cake. You could at least till it was a choo choo train. Lukas kept saying choo choo when he would see it.
Blowing out his candle. He got to do it twice since he blew it out right away the first time before we could even sing happy bday to him. After he blew it out twice he kept bringing me the candle and asking if he could do it again.

Decorating the cookies (do you think he put enough sprinkles on them?)

4 comments:

Saleem Family said...

We had a blast at his party! Thanks for inviting us. I think all the kids had fun. They are all so cute.

Kristy said...

Aren't sprinkles like salt? lol Where did your mom get the cookie dough? I think my kiddos would like it.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

She ordered it from someone at work whos kid was doing a school fundraiser.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Lukas! Looks like a fun party!