Monday, January 12, 2009

2 Year check up

This picture is in memory of the binky because this Saturday is the day we are taking it away. I think we might be living in hell this weekend when we do so.

Lukas had his two year check up today. He was so upset when they weighed him and measured him. So much that I think they measured his height wrong. He wouldn't stand straight and was so clingy. After the nurse left and he got a little break he calmed down a lot. Dr. Neilson came in and he was a little petrified for a bit but got over it quickly. Dr. Nielson said wow I am surprised I was expecting a fight. I am sure he was from the screams he heard down the hall earlier. Dr. Neilson is so soft spoken and so nice that I am sure this is the reason he calmed down so fast. He was excited that he got to play with the "hammer" ( the reflax instrument. I don't even know the proper word for it.) Everything looked good and we are happy Lukas is growing. Lukas had his iron checked and didn't even flinch when they took his blood from his big toe. He acted like he was just really interested in the process. He got a hep A shot and only cried for a second. He was so brave. The nurse said wow that was easy. I think she also expected a huge cry fest after his first reaction. Lukas was so brave we went to Mcdonalds and he had his first shake.
2 year stats
26.6 pounds 30th percentile
34 in ( I swear he grew more then an inch in six months his pants are getting a lot shorter) 50th percentile.

We can't believe your two Lukas but we sure are glad your such a cute little boy!



3 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm glad he's healthy! Sofia doesn't like the doctors much either. I'm hoping she outgrows it since she won't be getting shots as often. Good luck with the binky! I have no advice for you since my kids are thumbsuckers and you can't take that away.

Saleem Family said...

I'm so happy Lukas is healthy and well. I'm going to be feeling for you this weekend. It's not going to be fun but you all will make it through it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

We gave Savannah a binky, knowing that it is something we can take away from her later. However, she prefers her hands and feet. She will pull her bink out and pop in fingers or toes! I am hoping she doesn't develop too much of a habit. If taking away the bink gets hard, try cutting a little bit of the tip off each day. Pretty soon, they don't like the feel of it and it weans them off of it. That is what my SIL did to wean her twins. She said it worked like a charm.