This last weekend we attended a family reunion in Star Valley Wyoming. This is where my dad grew up and I haven't been there in five years! We use to go several times a year so not going for five years is really a long time. I was excited to see how things had changed in this small town after this long. It of course was still gorgeous and we had a good time camping on our property in my parents trailer. The first day there we went to Jackson Hole and hung out. Lukas and I took a ride in an old fashioned carriage. Lukas thought that was fun. We watched a mock shoot out which Lukas did NOT think was fun. He started crying because of the loud noise. I also think he cried because he was scared it was real and thought they were hurting each other. The next day was the family reunion and it was so nice to see everyone we hadn't seen for a while ( I didn't get many pictures at the reunion. I forgot to take them I was too engrossed in talking ect.) A lot of my dads sisters and family hadn't met my kids yet. I also hadn't met a lot of my cousins kids as well. It was nice to see and visit with them. All of their famalies are so cute. My Aunt Jan ( My dads twin sister) kept saying Lukas looked like Mel Gibson. It cracked me up. We had a fun weekend. It did take Lukas a little while to warm up to the idea of camping. He was homesick at first and kept asking to go home to mommy's house ( he calls our house mommy's house for some reason.) but once it was time to leave I think he wanted to stay. My only complaint was my kids didn't sleep all that well at night. They were both so good though and were even good on the ride too and from. Well Lukas rode with my parents but they said he was good. Blair barley even cried and slept more then normal.


Us in front of the elk horn bridge in Jackson

Lukas thought the Buffalo was cool.

Blair rode in the stroller and enjoyed being out of the car.

Lukas thought it was so fun to watch his movies on the portable dvd player.

Lukas playing frisbee at the family reunion.

Blair hanging out on the blanket at the family reunion.

Lukas slept like this on the last night there.

Blairs favorite toy was the suit case. She loved playing with it.

My mom bought Lukas and Blair cow boy/girl boots. Lukas loves his and wants to wear them ALL the time. He even wore them with his jammies. Blair's are pink but they are size four so she won't be able to wear them for a bit.
5 comments:
I'm glad you had fun. I was hoping to get a glimpse of that wonderful new haircut you have.....
Sounds like a lot of fun. Jackson is so pretty we love going up there and looking around when Matias has a day off.
so fun! you got some super cute pictures and i am glad you had such a good time :)
Love the cowboy boots with the shorts. :) How fun that must have been for you all.
You know, I've never been a fan of cowboys...I think it's just a result of me growing up IN Wyoming. However, little kids in cowboy/girl boots? A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! And Lukas does kinda look like Mel Gibson. He's gonna be a total hottie! :)
Blair always looks so stylish!
Post a Comment