Friday, June 19, 2009

Mini Vacay

For Dans Fathers Day present the kids and I thought we would get him a selfish present. A present that ensured we had him all to ourselves for a few days. We decided to go on a mini vacay to Salt Lake. We went and stayed the night in a hotel and went to the zoo the next day. We ate at the Cheese Cake Factory. Well sort of. They took forever getting our food out so we ended up asking them to box it up so we could take it to go. They ended up comping almost our whole meal since it took so long. We went swimming in the hotel pool. Lukas thought it was so much fun to stay in a hotel. The first thing he did when we got there was ask to go potty in the toliet. It was sort of odd but whatever. (We are still working on potty training he only goes when he WANTS too and hardly ever when you ask him and we get about half and half. He goes half the time in his diaper and the other half in the toliet.) Then he kept jumping from bed to bed since we had two beds in our hotel room. Lukas was also really excited to have a sleepover as a family and wanted to make sure daddy slept in the same bed as him. He made sure to tell us all to close our eyes when he was ready for bed. The next day we went to the zoo. Lukas had so much fun and Blair was so good. I am glad the weather was nice so we could enjoy the day there.


I tried to take a picture of Lukas with his floaties on but he was too excited to go swimming to even pause for a picture. He really didn't need his floaties since he wouldn't even venture out very far. Plus he spent most of his time in the hot tub. This kid needs some serious swimming lessons. Too bad all the lessons are usually mommy and me classes which is impossible with a three month old in tow.
We were excited to take Blair swimming to see if she enjoyed it. She really likes her baths now so we thought she might. However, even though the pool was indoors the water was FREEZING! Mommy and Blair ended up just watching. At least we got a cute picture of her in her darling swim suit.
Blair was excited for our sleepover!
Lukas refused to take ANY pictures in front of the animals. This is what he did everytime I asked him to pose for a picture.
He would take pictures in front of the "fake" animals.
He loved the drums.
We kept telling him not to go under the railings but he wouldn't listen. He needed a close up view I guess.
He loves the carasouel. He insisted on riding the elephant.
I love the zoo playground it is so adorable. Lukas loved it too!
Blair looking up at her daddy. She loves him! We love him too! Happy Fathers Day Dan. We hoped you enjoyed our selfish present as much as we did.

3 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Wow how fun! I hope Dan enjoyed his fathers day present.
That looks like it was a really fun weekend. That is such a good idea that I just might steal it from you someday. LOL

Saleem Family said...

It looks like you had a blast! I'm glad you could spend that time together as a family. Happy Father's day Dan!

rain said...

That was such a great idea! Sometimes you do need to whisk them away to actually ensure some real time together. I'm glad you had such a great time.