Sunday, June 7, 2009

5 K

Yesterday we participated in the Nestle 5 K fun run for Art City Days in Springville. We do this every year and it is a lot of fun. However, we do NOT run we walk. Running just isn't my thing. I like to know though that I walked 3 miles and got some good exercise. Neil and Ali and Emma joined us this year. My parents did as well (they participate every year too.) Emma and Lukas rode in a double stroller together while Neil ran. Ali, Dan and I walked it pushing Blair. After the run/walk they have a raffle for prizes. I won a boom box and a box of Nestle Chocolate. My mom also won a prize, she won 25.00, a tool set, and a cooler. We were so grateful it was nice weather and we were able to participate.

Blair all ready for the race.

All the kids that participate that are six and under receive medals. Lukas is really proud of his medal. He shows everyone. He even says look Blair look at my medal. It is so cute and hilarous.

3 comments:

Saleem Family said...

That is a pretty cool metal Lukas! What a fun time you have. Lucky you... a winner!

LisaJ said...

How fun!! I had to laugh at the prizes though. People feel great about walking a 5k, and then they give you a box of chocolate to make up for it!! lol....that's my kind of race. If I burn it off, I have to get something to replace it!

Kristy said...

That is a fun tradition. Abby has to run a 5K on Saturday to qualify for her conditional black belt. How long did it take you walking? She hasn't been training for it or anything and I'm hoping she can run/walk it in 45 mins. Oh, and Sofia wants to swim with Lukas too.