Friday, June 12, 2009

Childrens Art festival

Today my mom and I took Lukas to the Childrens Art festival at the Springville art museum. It was a lot of fun. They had a ton of different booths that the kids were able to make various crafts at. Lukas made a pin wheel, a fish, painted, made a wish necklace, played with stamps, and painted some more. He loved going to all the booths and seeing what exciting thing he would be able to make next. He was so proud of his art he kept showing it to Blair and saying look Blair. I think he really expects her to respond. I just answer for her and say oh Lukas she thinks that is so awesome. It cracks me up. Both my kids were on their best behavior at the festival. I think Blair really enjoys being outside. Lukas also enjoyed listening to the band they had playing there. He sat and listened and didn't want to leave when we were supposed to go. I am glad Lukas got to do something fun today. The weather has been so awful and we haven't been able to be outside much lately.

Blowing his pin wheel.

He got his face painted. I laughed because out of all the things they were able to paint on his face he wanted a blue paw print. I thought he would pick a baseball or an ice cream cone or maybe the balloon. I just thought it was an odd choice. He sat so still while they did it though.
I just had to post this picture because I think Blair looks adorable. She has such big intense pretty blue eyes.

3 comments:

rain said...

I love that last pic of Blair--she looks like she's purposely posing. Good for you taking your little ones to the Art Festival! I thought about it, but my two have been sick, and I'm kind of "partied out" from going to Lagoon and such. So we did our usual around the house. Also, I had to comment on the post where Lukas begged to stay in his jammies. This is EVERYDAY for my kids. In fact, they refuse to go anywhere sometimes, just because they know they'll have to put clothes on. Get ready to have those conversations. Believe me when I say it's super-fun. :)

Kristy said...

I wish we had a children's art festival here. Well, maybe we do and I'm not a very observant mom. Has Lukas been watching Blue's Clues? His paw print reminded me of that. That is a sweet pic of Blair. She has her Mama's eyes. 2 more weeks!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

how fun! i should have taken the boys to that! cole loves getting his face painted, too :)