Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And now there is 4!

We are now a family of four! We welcomed baby Blair to this world on March 1st at 11:41 A.M. She weighs 7 pounds 9 ounces and is 20 inches long. After a long weekend of contractions I finally went into labor and delivery on Monday. I thought they would just send me home. I was so happy that I was dilated to a five and they admitted me. I was a little sad that my Dr. wasn't on call that weekend so I got a Dr. I didn't know. However, the delivery went great and was so much easier this time. I was only in labor (at least at the hospital) for four and a half hours. I pushed for ten minutes when miss Blair came out screaming. The Dr said wow your going to have a lot of sleep less nights I haven't heard a baby cry like that in a long time. She is pretty content so far but I will admit she has quite the set of lungs. She takes after her big brother. We are so happy to have her home and we sure do love her. Now I just need to get my blood pressure under control so I don't have to go on blood pressure medicine. Hmmm hopefully I can get the two kid thing under control because I can see my blood pressure continuing to rise as I go from one kid to two ;) Really, though I am loving being a mommy to a sweet boy and a sweet girl.


Big brother and little sister. Lukas is adjusting really well. He loves Blair and gives her hugs and kisses and always asks where his baby is. He also always wants to hold her and help feed her ect.

Coming home. She already is attached to that binky of hers. As you can see she is very upset in the top pic but once she got her binky she calmed right down.
The proud dad.
The proud mom.

12 comments:

heidizinha said...

congratulations! we're so happy blair is here and happy!

Garner Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!!! She is so cute. I am glad that everything went well!

Lisa said...

I have been checking your blog and was so excited to see that you finally had Blair.

CONGRATULATIONS!! She is beautiful and that first picture of Lukas and that face of his cracks me up!!

Glad to hear that all is well. You look GREAT!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Kristy said...

Yay! We wish we were closer so we could come meet Blair. We wish you the best including sleep, sleep and more sleep. Lukas will be a great big brother. I love his face in the first pic.

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! She is so cute and sweet. Enjoy because girls are so much fun!!

Saleem Family said...

How did you deliver on Monday if we saw her on Sunday? I think you need more sleep. :) She is a precious little girl and I feel so touched that you gave her my name for her middle name. BUT... that is not why she has a set of lungs! That would be Lukas' fault! I love you guys!

~Our Family~ said...

Yeah she is so beautiful.. Congrats to you. I bet you are so happy to have her out and to be able to hold and cuddle with her.. She is goregous and it looks like big brother loves his little sister... Can't wait to see some more pictures..

Anonymous said...

You look so happy and beautiful! Congrats again. Cannot wait to meet her!

DeSisto Digitals said...

YAY!!!! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!! I expected nothing less! :) Congrats to you and Dan AND Lukas (who looks like he's struggling to share the spotlight in the first pic... ha, ha)!!!

Gina said...

She is adorable! Congratulations! I hope your blood pressure can go down!

rain said...

I'm so excited! She IS beautiful. Get as much sleep as possible. Tell people that visiting hours are only from so and so to so and so...and let your mom take Lukas as much as possible so you can sleep and adjust to your new reality! It's an adjustment no matter how many babies you've had before! As I'm sure you're finding out. :)

Ashley said...

Oh you guys she is beautiful! I was just thinking the other day to call for a playdate and realized Blair might already be here! When can I come see her?