This is how I found Lukas the first time I put him down for his nap. He cried for about ten minutes and fell a sleep like this!Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Naptime struggles
This past week we have had some sleep issues ESPECIALLY at nap time. I know that Lukas has had a little cold. Nothing serious just a little stuffy snotty nose. His issues seem to stem more from him not wanting to miss anything versues not feeling well. You can tell he is so tired because he rubs his eyes but he just will not go to sleep. As I am sure you all know we have had some struggles with getting Lukas to sleep past five or five thirty. I tried everything from just having one nap to putting him to bed later to just letting him cry. Nothing was working. If I did the one nap he would fall a sleep on the floor at around nine. This week he has been fighting nap time as well. I would put him down for a nap and he would scream bloody murder for about a good twenty minutes or so. He would finally fall a sleep then wake up thirty minutes later and scream bloody murder even longer. I didn't get him out because I can tell he is so so tired because he could barley hold his eyes open and I would lay him down and he would close his eyes. I finally decided to try the one nap thing again. Dan and I also put a night light in his room which seems to be helping as well. This has helped with his night awakening and he has been sleeping later! YAY! This morning he didn't wake till a quarter to seven! He woke up and played in his crib till I got him out at seven. Luckliy the past few days he hasn't fallen a sleep on the floor which means one nap time is actually working. The sad part is he is still fighting the nap. Today I put him in his crib since he was falling a sleep on the floor around noon. He cried for about twenty minutes and fell a sleep. Then he woke thirty minutes later! I made him cry again because he needs a nap and he finally fell back to sleep. I miss my good napper!
This is how I found Lukas the first time I put him down for his nap. He cried for about ten minutes and fell a sleep like this!
This is how I found Lukas the first time I put him down for his nap. He cried for about ten minutes and fell a sleep like this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
sleep struggles are the worst! hopefully he will start napping better...it shouldn't last too long!
Post a Comment