Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Room

We cleaned out our "Storage room" aka room where we put all the things we didn't know what to do with and made it into Lukas's room. Blair and Lukas sharing a room just wasn't going over too well. Not when Blair is such a horrible sleeper, no matter what I have done to change this. Lukas has started refusing to go to bed and has resorted to temper tantrums. We haven't been able to at least take him to his room and say goodnight and try to get him to sleep because we were worried he would wake Blair (she is in bed before Lukas's bed time.) up with his tantrums. It resulted in Lukas sleeping or at least falling a sleep on the couch a lot. We figured we needed to give Lukas his own room. So we went to work. Well mostly Dan did he cleaned it out and I found room for things and went through a few boxes ;) I did scrub the walls though. Lukas helped Dan a lot cleaning and finding treasures. We figured the more he helped the more excited he would get about having a new room. He loves his new room and loves playing in it and hanging out in it. Sleeping in it not so much. He said he was too scared to sleep in there. We did put him in there after he fell a sleep last night. He stayed in there till he woke up at three in the morning screaming for Dan. Dan ended up sleeping by him. Tonight he said he wanted to sleep on the couch. We will let him sleep on the couch till Dan is home again on the weekend to help him get use too it. I can't be by him and Blair so I am okay with that. I am sure he will get use too it and enjoy it. He doesn't do well with change so I am surprised at how well he likes having his room up there too play in. Now I just need to get some decorations for both kids rooms since Lukas can have a boyish room and Blair can have a more girly room.




Lukas loves this race track. I bought it for Dan our first Christmas after we were married. This is one of the treasures he found. Now he is always asking to play his vroom vroom car game with daddy! He keeps it in his room so Blair won't get it.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun room to me. I am sure that in time he will get use to it.

Hope you all are doing well.

~Lisa

Jennifer said...

Thats awesome!! I have bought my hubby so many toys like that for christmas and birthdays and now my girls play with them! He will do lots better in his own room!

rain said...

OOOh. I hate rearranging sleeping situations for kids. They're all excited about it, until you turn the light off, and then all Hell breaks loose. But, they will get used to it, it just takes a while. Best of luck in that area! And I think you're making a good call splitting their rooms up--when Riley was 3 and Cole was born, she had NO concept of how important it was to let the baby sleep. And we split them up as soon as we cleared out our "junkroom", as well. ;)

.l i c k t e e s. said...

that is a great idea!! although, i hope that he gets used to it and can actually sleep in it :) maybe you'll have to start some serious bribes, but i'm not sure anything is possible without a door!

Saleem Family said...

Oh give him some time.... he will start liking sleeping there. It looks nice and it will be fun to make into a boy's room. Do you get to paint it?