Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2nd time is a charm.

2nd time equals success in the potty training world, at least for Lukas. It all started on Saturday when he came into the living room and out of nowhere announced he wanted to go pee pee in the potty. I said okay and he went. Then I put him in big boy undies and told him that we don't like diapers and he was a big boy now. Well there has been no turning back and he has done AWESOME! We are now down to about one accident a day. He can hold it for hours now and even tells us about half the time that he has to go. I do make him go if it has been a while and sometimes he fights me but we usually end up with him going. We have even gone out to the store and he has stayed dry. He even went to the bathroom at Sams Club today even though he said the toliets were scary and loud. He just covered his ears and went like a big boy. He even managed to stay dry all night last night and immediatly asked to go to the bathroom this morning when he woke up. He sai,d "I went a lot daddy." It is sort of funny because on Thursday I asked the pediatrician about this. He said he would come to me and not to worry about it until he was four. I was thinking WHAT, four! He said don't make diaper changes fun change him on the tile ect. I never thought he would actually come to me and then keep going at it. I am so proud of Lukas and his progress.


I think Lukas should be the next guitar hero model. What do you think? ;) Yes, his mattress is in our living room. He is refusing to sleep upstairs and since Dan threw out his back we weren't able to have him get use to it this weekend. Hopefully in the next few weeks. However, he might just be using his room to play in for a bit.


Lukas got a superman/batman cape for his potty training reward. He loves it and thinks it is super fun. He looks adorable in it.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay, Lukas! Isn't it so nice to have it be their idea? They make it so much easier.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

awesome!! it's so fun when it clicks and then it's done. now you can look forward to the next 2 years of constantly asking him and helping go...it's not that fun but way better than diapers!!

Saleem Family said...

GOOD job Lukas!! let's hope it keeps going forward. I think it's easier when it is there Idea. When you push to much it makes you both crazy. At least it did with Alyssa.

K*L* said...

Such a cute little cape! I wanted to let you know I made my blog private so send me your email to krystal_xox@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite =) Hope things are going great!