Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blairs big girl room!

Blair's big girl room became completed tonight! I love it SO much! It is the cutest room in the house. Blair also loves it so much! She says "I love it!" One thing that I really love about it is how much the pieces that complete it show how much she is loved. So many people helped us make her room cute for her.


My aunt made this pin cushion board. We did a photo shoot a few months ago of a vintage tea party to help decorate her room.This dresser was my aunt Kristy's when she was young. She gave it to me when I was little. I used it for a while. I got a new bedroom set when I was 12 and we stored this one. It use to be white. I decided to take it out of storage and let Blair have it. Dan spray painted it pink and it turned out beautiful! I LOVE it so much!

My aunt Suzanne (the same one who made the pin board above.) made her this quilt for her bed. We went together to pick out the fabric and I just loved how it turned out. My grandma B also helped with making this quilt. It is something that Blair can treasure her whole life. I love that she can use it when she is older too.
My mom made her curtains. We bought a ton of fabric so it all matches each other.
Bow holders that are her initials.
Showing us how big she looks on her big girl bed! This bed was my step dads and he kindly let Blair have it. It is perfect for her!
My aunt also made a matching quilt for her baby dolls!
My little girl is now a big girl with a stylin room!

7 comments:

[Morgan] said...

that quilt is awesome!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

so cute! i love that it all goes together and i need some curtains like those for gracie's room!

and nice work, dan, on the desk! wanna spray paint some stuff for me? :)

Unknown said...

So darling Brandi! See you ARE good at re-finishing stuff! The Pink spray paint is so perfect! What a lucky girl! Love love this!

Gina said...

Cute! So many great ideas and I love how everything was made or given to you, it always makes it more fun and personal. I'm glad she likes it!

Saleem Family said...

She looks so happy in her new big girl room. Just one thing... you put the quilt wrong side up.haha :) Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

HA HA HA Suzanne I am laughing so hard cause I didn't even notice tell you said something. However it is obvious. I think I just threw it on there and just started checking out the length.

rain said...

Never forget how lucky you are to have talented family that do awesome things for you!! I loved all that stuff. And I agree with what Gina said...It's always more special when your things are put together with and have been loved by someone you love.