Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cloud Dough

The other day while on Pinterest.com I found a recipe for Cloud Dough. All it is, is 8 cups flour and 1 cup baby oil. When they are mixed together it makes something with the texture of play dough, but the packing power of sand. I decided to make it for my kids and see how they liked it. They LOVED it! Good thing I did this little project outside because man did it ever get messy! It started out very clean but by the end they were covered!

So much fun! They mad pretend cakes, cookies and bread! Blair might have thought it was real cause I had to tell her not to eat it a few times.


Lukas and his "cake".
Starting to get messy!

Even more messy!
My first thought was to tell them to stop but they were having SO much fun! I figured it would wash out so why not let them have some fun!

At the end! They were covered! I may have made them take their clothes off and the front porch. Then it was straight into the tub to get clean! While they had lunch and watched a movie I was outside spraying the drive way off with the hose. It was a good time. Lukas is already asking if we can make cloud dough again. I think it will probably be a little while before we do this project again! :)

4 comments:

Kristy said...

So fun! I'll have to try that sometime.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are to die! I love that kids are so entertained by stuff like this! I want to try this when Chloe gets bigger! She would just eat it now.I'll refer back to this post in a couple of years

Ps this is Leah. Blogger won't let me comment ahh!!

rain said...

Oooh! I will have to try that! I have so many things I need to try from Pinterest. It's like a job in itself. ;) Your kids look like they had a ball. A messy ball, but a ball nonetheless!

Saleem Family said...

They did look like they had a blast! What a fun mom you are!