Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pre school

Lukas had his first day of preschool today. He was so excited and was ready WELL before it was time to leave. He kept asking, "Is it time to leave yet?" When it was time to go he got in the car without a moments hesitation. When we got there I said "Here we are, at preschool" He said, "Mom lets not call it preschool just school. Okay?" Ummm okay. So for the record he goes to school NOT preschool. I walked him to the door told him we would be picking him up in a few hours. He seriously could care less that we were leaving him. He gave me a quick hug but didn't even utter bye. The only tears shed were Blair's tears as we were leaving. She wanted to go to school too. She kept saying "Play, play." As we were leaving I have to admit my eyes welled up with tears. I couldn't believe he was so big. However, no tears actually ran down my face. PHEW! I mean if I am already crying for preschool I can't imagine the flood works for kindergarten.

Blair wanted in on every picture this morning. HA HA. Lukas had to wear his new shoes. Apparently they were bought just for preschool cause he calls them his preschool shoes.
I Love his back pack.

In front of the door at preschool. He had such a fun day. When I went to pick him up he ran up to me and gave me a huge hug. He told me he missed me and Blair but had fun. They made all about me mobiles and they are super cute. He told me they played a few games and had a really yummy cookie snack. They sent me home a calender of the month and on it is what they will be doing each day. He is going to have so much fun. They sent home some homework. Every month they get homework pages and if they complete them in a month and return them they get a prize out of the prize bucket. Lukas couldn't wait and completed all 4 pages already. I think he may be an over achiever.

3 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

yay lukas! how fun to be going to preschool and to be loving it! he looks so cute :)

rain said...

Ah! He's going to love all of it. It will be a nice energy release for both of you. Go Lukas!

Haylee said...

OMGosh he is SO cute! I am Lovin' his backpack!