Thursday, September 9, 2010

18 month check up

Blair had her 18 month check up yesterday. She wasn't a very happy camper, that's for sure! She cried and screamed and clung! One thing I can say about this girl is she is strong! When she is clinging to me it is hard to pry her off. She just holds on with all her might.

Stats: 24 pounds 10 ounces! Yes, people, she gained over 3 pounds in 3 months. The Dr. was happy because she hadn't really gained a ton in the past. She is now 57 percentile in weight.
31.75 inches which is 60th percentile. I think she is taller then this though. She would not lay down flight she was screaming and trying to get up. If it is right she hasn't really grown taller since 15 months.


She has been doing the two binky thing lately. Yes, I realize she is horribly addicted to the binky. Yes, I realize it will be a pain in the you know what when I take it away but yet again o well. For now she can have it, it isn't bothering me at all. It stops her from putting EVERYTHING in her mouth. It stops me from having to endure horribly high pitch screams. It helps her sleep well. So right now the good just outweighs the bad in my mommy opinion.
She looked so grown up to me today. She is getting so big. Maybe it is the hair. She wouldn't let me do it today and I think this may have made her look a little older.

3 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

good thing you have lots of 18-24 month clothes for winter...she might actually fit in them :)

this gives me hope though that gracie will gain a good amount by 18 months...

and the binky is fine! gracie is going to have hers for a long, long time :)

Ryane said...

She weighs more than Savannah!! At 2yrs she was 21.5lb and 33in. All of her 18mon jeans are too short but huge in the waist. When Savannah doesn't want me to do her hair, I either let her watch tv or give her a spray bottle to play with.
When you have her give up the bink are you going to do a binky bear? I loved that idea!

rain said...

Or you could have a kid like mine...who is going on 22 months, and yet, she wears 3T and 4T clothing. And that's because her legs are like, twice as long as other babies her age. I think it would be nice to have a kid that was little. It would make them seem more like babies for longer.