Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Canyon FHE

Every year Dans family has a family Home Evening up the canyon. Its a great tradition. This year if I could describe the night in one word it would be DIRTY! Dan wasn't feeling well so I took the kids myself and they went to town. All of you who know me know that I don't like super dirty kids. I am OCD about my kids clothing and try to keep stains to minimum. With that said I do let me kids have fun and get messy but usually not to this extent. Blair was covered from head to toe. It was so bad I just threw her shirt away. I was pretty sure there was no salvaging it.

Blair was seriously in HEAVEN! This girl loves dirt and getting messy. She is so fearless that being next to the water made me so nervous. I only stayed for an hour because I was scared she was going to get seriously hurt.
Lukas didn't get dirty so much just SOAKING wet!
Blair for sure isn't a normal girly girl. I don't think I have ever seen a little girl get so dirty. I wonder if she will stay this way or as she gets older change her ways and become a little more dainty.
I turned around and she had taken FOUR cookies out of the package and was eating them like a sandwich.

5 comments:

rain said...

Ha! Syd loves the dirt, too. We have this patch in our backyard and everytime she goes outside, she's there, playing in it. I've given up. I hope she grows out of it, soon. I wonder if that's a punishment for being OCD? Cause I'm like that, too.

Steven and Jennifer said...

Your kids are so stinking cute! I was for sure just like Blair. I was always dirty,scraps,bruises all over. I grew out of it so will she I'm sure.

Gina said...

Well, she doesn't look that dirty to me! I'd just save those clothes so when she wants to get dirty again, you don't have to worry about ruining more clothes. :) We went up the canyon recently too and it is so pretty this time of year!

Unknown said...

So CUTE!!! I miss the mountains and the canyon :(

Haylee said...

Cute pic's! Miss you!