This cute smiley sweet little girl has had such a sad few days! Last night she started screaming bloody murder and just kept on and off all night struggling to sleep. At one point she calmed down and started playing! After a few hours of sleep it was morning and I called the ped and got her right in. However, she was totally back to her normal smiling self. We went in anyways and good thing we did. I guess her ear infection from a few weeks ago never went completely away. The poor little sweetie has an ear infection that can't get much worse. I guess her ear actually has a blister in it and it was close to popping her ear drum! We had to give her a shot of antibiotics and we started her on oral antibiotics as well. She is on the strongest dose of antibiotics you can give a ten month old. I felt horrible. She seriously has been acting just fine and even has been sleeping through the night for about a week and a half. She even came home and played like she was feeling fine. The Dr. commented that she must be one tough cookie because most babies would be screaming all day and night. To top it all off she cut her very first tooth today. No wonder she has been so miserable.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Poor thing
This cute smiley sweet little girl has had such a sad few days! Last night she started screaming bloody murder and just kept on and off all night struggling to sleep. At one point she calmed down and started playing! After a few hours of sleep it was morning and I called the ped and got her right in. However, she was totally back to her normal smiling self. We went in anyways and good thing we did. I guess her ear infection from a few weeks ago never went completely away. The poor little sweetie has an ear infection that can't get much worse. I guess her ear actually has a blister in it and it was close to popping her ear drum! We had to give her a shot of antibiotics and we started her on oral antibiotics as well. She is on the strongest dose of antibiotics you can give a ten month old. I felt horrible. She seriously has been acting just fine and even has been sleeping through the night for about a week and a half. She even came home and played like she was feeling fine. The Dr. commented that she must be one tough cookie because most babies would be screaming all day and night. To top it all off she cut her very first tooth today. No wonder she has been so miserable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is no fun for baby or Mom. I hope that it clears up fast. Andie was the exact same way. She would be up all night screaming and crying and then the day would come around and she was the happiest baby. She had an ear infection for 6 months straight. I hope Blairs clears up quickly and stays away so you both can get some sleep.
Oh, sad! I hope she gets feeling better soon!
Oh so sad! It totally melts your heart when you find out that they have been sick, but have been so brave about it. It makes it even worse than when they scream all day and night. :( Hope the antibiotics kick it and she feels great.
I'm so sorry little miss Blair. I hope you get feeling better really soon so you can come visit us and watch us play the wii with mr Lukas.
Post a Comment