As you can see Blair was totally fine. This was after she had a nap and you wouldn't even know she had been choking earlier that day.Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Our first 911 call (hopefully last!)
This morning I was dropping off my kids at my moms to go to the gym when we had a little drama. Blair was eating her bottle before I left when she started choking. She was crying and breathing but it was really obvious she was having a difficult time. At first my mom and I thought we could help her but she started turning blue. I asked my mom if we should call 911 and she said hold on. She would be fine for a second and it would start all over again. She got to the point where she was turning really blue and my mom said you better dial 911. I was seriously in tears at this point. It was so scary. However, by the time the ambulance got there she was fine. They checked her airways and waited with us for a bit and we had the all clear. I had no idea if she had gotten something earlier and put it in her mouth and I didn't know and it got lodged when she drank her milk. I had no idea if Lukas gave her something. I was seriously panicking. We still aren't quite sure exactly what happened but we think the milk just went down the wrong tube. The ambulance crew was so nice. They made sure we were okay and kept saying how cute my kids were. One of them even colored with Lukas. I just was so grateful that they were so sweet and that Blair was fine. I hope that I NEVER have to call 911 again.
As you can see Blair was totally fine. This was after she had a nap and you wouldn't even know she had been choking earlier that day.
As you can see Blair was totally fine. This was after she had a nap and you wouldn't even know she had been choking earlier that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
what a scary eperience. I'm glad she is ok and that was nice of them to give the kids the green bear. :)
So glad everything is okay. It is so scary when something is wrong w/ your baby and you aren't quite sure what to do. Thank goodness for medical pros!!
Oh no! That sounds so scary. I am glad though that she is ok. She is too darn cute, and how nice of them to give them that cute bear! So sweet.
Wow, that is so scary! I'm glad little Blair was okay. I hope I never have to call 911. (Crossing fingers)
how sad! the scariest thing ever is when your kids can't catch their breath. it's awful. i am so sorry. i can't wait to hear the story again firsthand when we see you guys next :)
and i just earned another gymbucks so i know i'll have lots if you want some :)
Post a Comment