Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Attempted


Let me just say that we really did "attempt" potty training to the fullest. Day one of course didn't go so well but I wasn't expecting it too. We had a few accidents yet I was still optomisstic because it was only day one of course. I kept my patience and it was nice. Day two was fantastic I really emphasized that we needed to keep our underwear dry. We set the timer and he went every time. We had one tiny accident and that was it. I was even impressed when Lukas woke up from his nap completly dry. It was great. Lukas was so excited and told me he liked his big boy underwear because it was comfortable. Day three was so disastrous that I stuck him back in diapers because I believe he isn't fully ready. He seriously peed and pooped in his underwear at every chance he got. I think before 12:30 he had had about six or more accidents and not just little ones. I was wiping pee off of my chairs and floor. I would think if he was ready we wouldn't be having such a disastrous day three. It boggles my mind though how you can go from almost no accidents to constant accidents. We will be trying again in a few months. Hopefully it won't be as bad because I am so so ready for him to be potty trained. I am ready for any and all advice sent my way.


I have to admit he looked cute in his big boy underwear.

4 comments:

heidizinha said...

Mae will go weeks without accidents, and then will have four in one day. Potty training is kind of a rollercoaster, and even when you think you both have it in the bag...well they still struggle. Good luck.

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear that things went rough. We started and then ended up trying a couple months later as well, but not he is going full speed ahead. Every child is different, but here are a couple pointers. Make going potty a fun thing. I was told by my pediatrician to have a fun box in the bathroom with books and little toys. We would read TONS of books and sing and it worked. I made a chart and put it on the bathroom door and every time he went #1 he would get a star and every time he went #2 then he would get 2 stars. He loved seeing all of the stars and then after a certain point... I would take him to get a little something at Wal-Mart or someplace like that. He still has an accident here and there, but he is actually doing wonderfully. Try putting a cheerio in the potty and tell him to pee on the cheerio. We did that too and Cameron loves the fact that he pee's on it and causes the cheerio to float (lol). He will get the hang of it, but don't be afraid to stick him in a diaper if things get too crazy and to start over again the next day. That is what my pediatrician told me. Hang in there and good luck!!

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Thanks guys. I made it super fun he had a potty chart and he got white chocolate peanut butter cups (his favorite) every time he went. We would also get excited when he would go. I never had a problem with him going on the toilet he went EVERYTIME I put him on the toilet. I never had to wait for him to pee but he would still pee in his underwear even if we had just gone fifteen minutes before. I guess maybe he needs to learn to hold it a little more.

Gina said...

Sorry it didn't work out! That doesn't give me much hope for Keaton. We are going to try potty training when we get back from our vacation so we'll see how it goes. :/