Thursday, September 10, 2009

Almost crawling.

Blair is about to take off crawling any day now. She is on her hands and knees the majority of the time she is on the floor. She crawls backwards a TON to get places but can't seem to grasp the forward crawl yet. She starts to go and face plants. It is so sad. She does however get from a crawling position to a sitting position. So she just gives up and pushes herself up to sitting to play. She also will push herself off and push off with her feet like she is trying to stand in the middle of the floor. Her butt is clear up in the air. It is so funny but Dan and I think we are in trouble and will have an early walker.

There has been a lot of this out of frustration. She gets so mad that she can't do it and starts crying. Even though I am not ready for my baby to crawl I wish she just would now, because I am sick of the fussiness.


Any day now she will just take off.


The other night I went to check on her before bed and this is how Blair was sleeping. I thought it was adorable. I guess she just wanted something to hold onto. She has gotten stuck in the slats a few times and I have had to rescue her. I wish I could keep the bumper pads on but since she somehow unties them it just wouldn't be safe.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how much she has grown up just in the month we've been home.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

so crazy! it'll be fun to see her crawling!

Shelane said...

could you square knot the heck out of the bumber pad straps? you probably already tried that but i'm a fixer, so i gotta put my 2 cents in.

Saleem Family said...

She might be like her aunt you named her after... I walked at 9 1/2 months. Sorry

rain said...

I think Syd will walk soon, too. She's been standing up for minutes at a time, and then realizes that she's doing it, and then chickens out. It makes life WAY busier, for sure. But, both of my girls were WAY more motivated to grow up than my boy was. Could it be a girl thing?

Blair is such a cutie. Love that last pic.