Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

We had such a fun Fourth of July this year! We just partied the day away. Lukas had such a blast. We went to Dans family first and had yummy food. Lukas swam and Dan and Lukas played sponge dodge ball. Blair and I just watched and hung out enjoying the sun. Later we went to my grandmas to have a bbq and do fire works. Lukas had fun playing with Sofia, Abby and Maxx.

Blairs grin in this picture puts a smile on my face it is so cute.
I LOVED Blairs Fourth of July dress. I fell in love with it and had to have it right when I saw it.
I tried to get Lukas to pose for a picture by himself but he refused. He scooted right over and put his arm around Blair. Lukas's smile in this picture is adorable. He is a great big brother.

Lukas LOVED swimming with his cousins. He loved playing with the sponge. He kept putting it on his head and saying look mommy I am wearing a hat. He likes to pretend everything is a hat so I wasn't surprised.
He was wiped out and fell a sleep on the way to my grandmas house. We let him sleep for an hour then woke him up.
The kids had fun popping the pop its with the mallets.
Sparkler fun. Lukas LOVED the fire works and kept saying the colors the fireworks were making. Mommy that is a pretty green, pink and orange firework.
We thought Blair would be a sleep and wouldn't get to enjoy the fire works. Quite the opposite. She struggled going to sleep and stayed awake pretty much the whole day and night. I was fine with that since she was being really good. She enjoyed looking at the fireworks and didn't even cry when they got loud. She is such a good baby!

2 comments:

Ryane said...

They look so festive, Their outfits are too cute! I love the 1st pic. It looks like Lukas is tickling her and she is just loving it with that grin! I am so glad you had a good time. I wish we could come up. Savannah stayed up for the fireworks too. I think it is funny that we both chose the red headband to go with the bow!

Saleem Family said...

Thanks for coming over for the BBQ. We enjoyed having you guys here. I loved Blairs Dress too and Lukas was so handsome in his. :)