Friday, July 24, 2009

24th of July

Today for the 24th of July we went to the Mapleton Days parade and carnival. It isn't the biggest parade or the biggest carnival but the kids don't care because it is SO much fun for them.

For some reason Lukas didn't want to listen to the sirens or the band during the parade. He kept his ears plugged the majority of the time. Silly Boy!
Finally those fingers are out of the ears. ( By the way Lukas is in a don't do my hair I will just wear a hat phase which is driving me NUTS!)
Blair actually did a lot of this during the parade and on our walk to and from the park.
The carnival is just a bunch of fun games you can play with tickets you purchase. Lukas like golf. He wants to play golf like daddy when he gets bigger.
He also went fishing. I thought it was neat they used real fishing poles. He only played a few games because we are still trying to teach him patience and that you have to wait your turn in line. He didn't really get this and got sort of grumpy because of it.
Blair her wide eyed self!

Seriously Blair is miss grabby hands. I have never seen a baby so grabby. She will grab anything and everything and you better catch her fast because she is one quick baby! She got my bag of Doritos today in about 2.5 seconds flat!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks like a fun time. We should get together again next week and let the kids play.

Shelane said...

She looks so big in the stroller!

And not to scare you or anything, but Ian and carson still have "I don't need to comb my hair I'm wearign a hat" days.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

so fun! i love blair's overall dress, too cute! we should have come to mapleton with you guys...we did nothing for the holiday :)

rain said...

My babies have all been grabbers. Anything they see is supposedly automatically theirs. Blair is getting so big! What a sweetie. And I'm with Lukas. I don't like the loudness of parades, either.


Also, just wait until Lukas is in the "I don't want to wear ANYTHING acceptable for wearing in public". Cole and Riley have both been going through it for a few years now, and I'm waiting VERY impatiently for them to grow out of it.

DeSisto Digitals said...

I think it's great that you always take your kiddos out to "the festivities!" And for the record, when it came to the fishing game... I never much appreciated the idea of taking turns either!