Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

I can't believe that I celebrated my second Mothers Day yesterday. I still sometimes have a hard time fathoming that I am a mom. Nothing means more to me then being a mommy to such a sweet precious little boy. I remember my heavy heart as I would sit in church on Mothers Day and wish I was anywhere but there. My heart desired so much to be a mother. My dream has come true! I reflected a lot on what a mother is yesterday. Even though so many moms have different mothering styles we each possess something great in wanting what is best for our children. Sometimes as a mom I know it is so hard not to compare and wonder if I am doing something wrong, or if I am being the best mom I canbe. However, I know that I am. I am doing my best each and every day to be that mom that Lukas needs. I may not have the perfectly clean house, and I probably let Lukas watch too much television. Thats okay though because each and every day I am striving to be the mom that Lukas needs me to be. Nothing means more to me then him and Dan. I feel so special to be a mother. Hopefully I can be a mom to one or two more little ones in the future.

Lets just say that I went to sacrament by myself because when I went to go get Lukas ready for church I found him a sleep on Dan.
Lukas playing with my dog at my moms. He LOVES Kentae.
Playing on the tractor.

1 comment:

rain said...

I have to admit, being a mom IS the best thing that's ever happened to me. It's also the scariest, the grossest, the most tiresome job, but also, the most rewarding. They are miracles. And it SO helps that they are cute...anyway, it does for me. :)