Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Lukas is one!

One year ago today at 2:06 A.M. I was holding a newborn baby in my arms. That baby was mine! I can't believe little Lukas is one today. Boy, did time fly by fast. It was a bitter sweet day. I am happy that Lukas is growing and he is so much fun. At the same time I was sad that my baby is no longer a baby anymore. With each and everyday Lukas looks more like a little boy. He is such a sweet little thing always laughing and giggling. It is fun watching him learn new things. Knowing that Lukas is one today made me take it all in a little more. You can bet that when I put him to bed tonight I sang you are my sunshine twice instead of the normal once and gave him a few extra hugs, because before I know it he won't want to give his mommy hugs anymore.

Mommy and Daddy got Lukas a little people farm and little people dino land.
Lukas is finally getting the hang of unwrapping presents now that he has had a lot of practice.

Lukas loves his new ball popper toy, he could seriously play with it for hours.


Now that I am one I have to brush my teeth! (Really though it is because he ACTUALLY has teeth to brush now)



1 comment:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

happy birthday lukas!! babies are such a blessing and you guys are so blessed to have such a cute little one! but i'm with you...i cried my eyes out the day cole turned one. but it only gets worse, because now i am crying my eyes out every time max gets a month older :)