Sunday, January 2, 2011

A year in review (and a few pics.)




The year 2010 like all the previous years contained ups and downs. However I feel really truly blessed by a great year. I wanted to write down some of my favorite things and greatest blessings of the year 2010!

1. On Dec28th it marked our one year anniversary in our new house! I love our new house. It is perfect for us. We have great neighbors and have made some great new friends. We are slowly decorating and making improvments as the funds and time allows. It has been so great to have our own space and our own house!

2. Blair turned 1 and is still quite the dare devil. She knocked herself out once. She completed the end of the year by hurting her leg and having to have it x rayed. Luckily everything turned out fine. She keeps me on my toes but makes life very exciting!

3. Lukas started preschool and LOVES it! He thinks Ms. Valerie is the greatest. I have enjoyed seeing him learn and make fantastic new friends. I enjoy seeing his smiling face come out the door every Tuesday and Thursday morning. He loves showing me the crafts he has done and telling me about his morning.

4. Dan worked very hard at his job this year. He was determined to get a team lead job. He worked hard and studied hard and improved himself. After a few interviews and showing he wasn't going to give in he got one! I am so proud of him!

5. I have enjoyed going on Field trips with Lukas. So far I have been to class pictures, Macey's, and the Pumpkin Patch. Dan even tagged a long with Lukas on one. They went to the Festival of Lights and since it was at night Dan was able to go. Lukas thought it was great.

6. I have been going to Zumba and enjoying it so much! It is so fun to dance and also get a great work out in. Going to the gym 3-4 days (5 if I am lucky) has really improved my mood and helped me feel confident in myself.

7. Blair is talking more and more each day. I love hearing her cute little voice repeat things and ask for things.

8.We took our first family vacation to Las Vegas. I was worried about the ride to and from but my kids impressed me and did fantastic. We had so much fun in Vegas and for sure survived our first real family vacation.

9. We spent a lot of time at both set of Grandparents houses. My kids love their grandparents and NEVER want to leave. My kids are so very lucky to have 2 sets of grandparents who love them very much.

10. This summer we spent a lot of time outside. Lukas got a big boy bike and loves it. Blair can almost ride the tricycle (can't wait for this summer cause I know she will.) My kids had fun playing with the neighbor kids.

11. Blair and Lukas took swim lessons and did a great job. Lukas was a little timid at first but I was so proud of his accomplishemnts by the end. He didn't want to go under water at all and was so scared. By the end he was almost swimming the little boy. Blair of course was a dare devil and had to be watched like a hawk because she would just go under water and jump in with no fear. The swim teacher said she never saw a girl her age like that.

12. Dan and I got called into the nursery and we are enjoying getting to know the little kiddies in our ward. Lucky Blair gets to have us be her nursery leaders.

We loved 2010 and can't wait to see what 2011 brings. We have some fun things planned. The biggest one of all DISNEYLAND! Can't wait to take my kids on such a fun family vacation. We hope every one has a great 2011.

No comments: