We wanted to take a family vacation this year. After finding a great deal on a Las Vegas hotel we decided Vegas was where it was going to happen. I was a little nervous for the drive cause my kids don't love the car. However, they surprised me and did wonderfully. Blair didn't cry going there or going back. Lukas had a hard time the last hour on the way home but still did suburb. Even though it was super hot ( The first day we were there it was 117!) we had a great time. Lukas loved our hotel and thought it was our new house. He kept saying, "I like our new house." I don't blame him it was super nice. We upgraded to a two room two bathroom suite. There were even t.v.'s in the mirrors. We stayed at the Trump Tower and there isn't a casino and it is completely non smoking. It was a great place to stay with kids. We went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. Both the kids had a blast there. Blairs favorite word the whole trip was "Wow." She was in awe of everything. We went to the mirage and saw the dolphins and white tigers and lions. We saw the water show and Bellagio gardens. We had frozen hot chocolate not one but twice at Serendipity. We swam a lot and just had a great time.
Blair enjoying breakfast in bed.
We went swimming a LOT! It was so nice to cool down in the pool. Plus my kids love swimming. Lukas put his new swimming skills from swim lessons to the test and did great.
Lukas and Dan at the Mandalay Bay.
Our whole family at the Shark Reef.
Its so fun that you get to touch Sting Rays at the Shark Reef.
Ready to walk the strip for the night! I bought this adorable dress at H&M. I LOVE that store and was so excited to shop there now that they have one in Vegas.
My kids loved watching the dolphins at the Mirage.
Blair looks sunburned but she wasn't. It was just so hot that her face got really red. After the mirage we got frozen yogurt to cool down and hung out inside till it was a little cooler.
Lukas fell a sleep a few times walking around outside.
Lukas's sweet cousin Maddie let him borrow her ds for the trip. It saved our lives in the drive and was great for quiet time at the hotel in between excursions.
Blair liked watching Sesamee street on the portable dvd player. She even started saying elmo on this trip.
The Bellagio gardens. I wanted to get better pics but it was SO crowded. I didn't dare let my kids out of the stroller because I didn't want to loose them.All in all it was a great trip and great memories.
6 comments:
so fun! i love all the pictures! i can't believe how hot it was and at least your kids were so good :)
Looks like you had a wonderful time! Excuse me for being a non-hip and with it mom, but what is H&M? It is a very cute dress. One good thing about the heat - it does wear out the kids fast, but it makes this mom grumpy. :) Hope to see you before we leave!
So glad you guys had a fun time too :) Wish we could have seen you while we were there. LOL Your kids are adorable!
Kristy I am not surprised that you haven't heard of H&M. They don't have many around here. They are mostly back east and in Europe. They may have some in California but Vegas has 2 and is getting a new one in Ceasers Palace. Its just a clothing store for women, men and kids. They have super cute clothes at a great price. I was so excited to shop there because you can't buy their stuff online you have to go to a store.
Glad you had fun! We went to the original Serendipity in NYC. I have their cookbook if you want the recipe for the frozen hot chocolate. It is YUMMY!! Love Blair's dress. I will have to see if they have one in Houston.
Wow, 117! And I thought it was hot here! Sounds like a fun vacation!
Post a Comment