Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fall

Yesterday Blair finally took a serious fall putting her crazy monkey skills to the test. I was in the other room when I heard a huge bang and a VERY loud scream. I ran into the kitchen to find that she had face planted it off the bar stool. I picked her up and her nose was already starting to swell and it was bleeding. My first thought was her nose was broken. I called the ped and got her right in. Of course our ped was doing hospital rotation (this seems to be a re occuring issue with us. Every time my kids are sick or hurt our dr. is on rotation or vacation or it is his day off) We saw the PA who is so sweet. She told me that she didn't think it was broken but it was obviously very swollen. She said babies don't usually break their noses because their noses are made up mostly of cartilage still. She said to just watch it and give her motrin for the swelling. We checked her for head injuries and she seemed to be okay so we made our way home. I felt horrible that she fell. Not my greatest mommy moment. I am not use to such a crazy baby. I usually turn the bar stools and chairs on their sides after breakfast. We had just finished breakfast when this happened. I must have just forgotten to do it right away. I am sure that this little girl will take many trips to the drs. for her crazy ways. Sad thing is, the peds office doesn't even ask me for her birth date anymore when I call. As soon as they hear her name they know who she is.

These are the best pictures I could get of her nose. She wouldn't hold still. With all of the drama yesterday I forgot to take a picture when it looked the worse. It has gotten better in the last 36 hours. I took these tonight and her nose is still pretty big and is purple. She had a little bit of a rough night but was pretty happy today. You would think she would learn her lesson and just chill on the climbing thing. However, that is NOT the case. I caught her 4 times today trying to get up on the bar stool WHILE Lukas was on it. She also thinks it is so fun to climb onto the couch and dive head first or do saumer saults off the couch.

2 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Aww poor Blair!
She still seems happy though so that's a good thing. :)

rain said...

Sad! I know what it's like to have a climber. Syd hasn't face planted yet from up high, but we have to keep all our chairs tipped over, and I've discovered her hanging off stuff a couple times.

She's tough, for sure.