Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First trip to dentist

Today Lukas had his first trip to the dentist. He was fantastic! I had been prepping him for a while. I kept telling him how much fun it was and how the dentist wanted to count his teeth. We even watched Elmo goes to the dentist. After that he kept saying I want to go to the dentist and brush my teeth with pink bubble gum toothpaste (however, when he says toothpaste it sounds like a REALLY naughty word. We are working on it though.) He was so good and jumped right into the chair. He opened really wide when we told him to say ahhhh! He didn't cry once or not do what was asked of him. The dentist said his teeth look beautiful. He said they are a little crowded and crooked. He says he has a small mouth. I am not surprised because I had the same problem. I admitted to the dentist the crookidness might be more my fault because I just couldn't let go of the darn binky. He said you do what you have to do. He told me that it really isn't a big deal because now days about 95 percent of people need braces anyways and that it really doesn't make that much of a difference. I felt better about that. Lukas got to pick a toy out of the toy box when he left. That was really exciting for him. Ever since we got home he keeps asking to brush his teeth with his new toothpaste and tooth brush.

4 comments:

Garner Family said...

oh how I can only dream and wish that Andie would ask me to brush her teeth and actually let me do it. I have to hold her down every single time and she kicks and screams the entire time. Not my favorite thing but it has to be done.

rain said...

Such a cutie! I'm glad that his visit went so well. My kiddos weren't as lucky their first time around. And Riley needs braces now...and I've got to get on that. :(

Kristy said...

Yay Lukas! We are overdue for a trip to the dentist. I hope Sofia does as well as Lukas did.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

thank goodness he was so good :) did they do xrays, too? we need to get cole's cavities filled soon...not looking forward to it :)