Monday, November 2, 2009

8 Months old

Well another month has passed and my little girl is now 8 months old! I love this age and just wish time could stand still. Especially since Blair is such a good baby. She is so patient especially with her older brother who can sometimes be a little mean. However, it is clear he loves her and the adoration is mutual. She is such a speedy little thing. If there was a crawling contest she would win hands down. I have to watch her very closely or she will be at the top of my stairs so fast. Luckily our baby gate we ordered just got in today. She is so close to walking she just hasn't taken the plunge. I never thought I would say I had an 8 month old close to walking. However, it is so true. She just stands there all by herself like a big girl. She dances and climbs on things while standing but just hasn't put her foot forward. She is starting to have a diversion to baby food. I pretty much have to be creative to get her to eat it. Sometimes I have to give her a little bit of bread in between bites of baby food. She discovered her tongue this month. She loves sticking it out and pinching it with her fingers. She loves playing with toys and will just sit and play for a long time as long as she has toys to play with. This little girl puts everything in her mouth. No matter how many times I vacuum and sweep she manages to find something. I think if she had teeth my crib would have a lot of gnaw marks on it. Lukas hardly ever put anything in his mouth so this is quite the change. She is for sure a mommy's girl. She is getting quite fond of her daddy though. This little girl can get quite the groove on. She dances sitting, standing and if I just say dance dance dance she busts out her moves. She is such a joy in our lives and we love her so very much and enjoy each day with her.




Her new favorite activity is to pull out everything from my cupboards. I think she wants cheerios. She is so fast and is always on the move that when we are at home she hangs out in her diaper a lot. It is just so hard to get her dressed.

2 comments:

Saleem Family said...

She is growing so fast! She definately is a mommy's girl. I wish she would warm up to me a bit more... it will come, I know. She is a cutie!

Kristy said...

Happy 8 months! She is growing up so much. She is probably just trying to prove us all wrong by not walking. Figures if she waits it out she will surprise us. lol