Monday, June 9, 2008

Barn Yard Fun!

Today we went to Thanksgiving Point to the barn yard. Lukas absolutely LOVES animals. The minute we walked in he was in giggles. He even got to pet a two week old baby goat outside the gate. I love this age because everything is so new to them and it is so cute and fun to watch them learn and grow. His favorite was the goats for sure and he didn't want to stop feeding them. Even though at first he was sort of scared. He would hold up the feed and stand very far away hoping they would come to him. I finally got him up to the gate then he would just throw the feed at them at run off. Finally after me holding his hand and letting them eat from it, he finally did it on his own. Once he got into it he just wanted to keep feeding them. Luckily goats are always hungry right?

Look Grandma a goat!



Trying to get the goat to come to him to eat. I guess he didn't understand that the fence was in the way.

This isn't so bad.



His first pony ride! He Loved it. I know it doesn't show on his face. Truly though he had a great time. I thought he would be a little scared but not at all.

This face cracks me up.

3 comments:

rain said...

You're so good about taking Lucas out and doing stuff with him. I think my kids still would be too scared of feeding the goats. They're not animal lovers...an extension of me, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

cute pics of the petting zoo! we love that place, too :)

Anonymous said...

We are sorry we couldn't go with you. It looks like you had a great time. We will have to join you next time. Looking forward to friday night.