Saturday, June 30, 2012

Swimming lessons

 We just finished up 2 weeks of swimming lessons! I am so glad they are over! Two weeks of being in Springville at 8:45 in the morning was a little challenging. We made it and they were successful. Blair did NOT like swimming lessons. She cried and refused to put her head in the water. Every once in a while we would get her face in and she would blow her bubbles. She also hated the black float. I think she just doesn't like water in her ears. Her poor ears have been through so much with ear infections and tubes I think she is still a little weary of anything by her ears. The last 3 days however she went out with a bang! She started putting her head under and holding her breath up to 8 seconds! She also did her back float without crying. She also went down the slide half way. I was so proud of her! Maggie our swim teacher was so sweet and patient, and so proud of Blair at the end.

Lukas did fabulous! He is getting to be such a great swimmer. The last few days of swim lessons he swam the length of the pool. He was really nervous about it, but he did it. He was proud of himself and so am I. He does get a little panicky when he is swimming in between breaths. I am vowing on getting him to practice in the deep end some more.

Today we went to the Payson pool with daddy. Every day while getting ready for swim lessons Blair would cry and say she wanted to go to the fun pool with her floaties and daddy. So I promised her the Sat after swim lessons we would go there. We kept true to our promise and had a great time for 3 whole hours!



1 comment:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

so fun! i'm so glad she warmed up to it and loved it!