Thursday, July 5, 2012
Ummmm, SURPRISE!!!
A few weeks ago we went in for our 20 week ultra sound. It ended up being a very surprising app. I lay down and she asked us if we wanted to know what sex we were having. I said we already knew because this was my 4th ultra sound due to Placenta Previa, and I was told a girl. She checks and says you still have a complete Placenta Previa. This was a little sad to me. I was really hoping that it was starting too move! Then she says it is a girl! She goes on and is measuring everything. Baby was being a little uncooperative. She couldn't get a good abdomen shot, and was wiggling the wand when she said "SHUT UP, I think you are having a boy!" She then shows us a little piece of boy hood! Dan and I were pretty shocked. We said "Are you sure?" She said "99.9 percent!" I was so shocked I asked her if it could be the umbilical cord. She was pretty sure it wasn't, and showed us his boy hood in a different angle. I then just made sure the baby looked healthy in every way. She said he did! She also told us she had never heard of that happening before. She said she had never heard of 3 different ultra sound techs saying girl then all of a sudden it being a boy! She couldn't believe it. Either could we! I took all my girl stuff back for boy stuff. However, I have been keeping it in the sacks with the recipts. I figure it can't hurt. I will be having another ultrasound since I still have Placenta Previa. I am looking forward to it. I am hoping by then my placenta will have moved and that we will know for 100 percent the sex of our baby! I honestly could care less if it is a boy or a girl, we are just grateful for our little one. If you know me though you know I am a huge planner! I need to feel like I have things in control, and everything ready for the little person to join our family. Plus I gave all my boy stuff away so I am starting from scratch! So I need some preparation time. We have been on a few shopping sprees for boy things. The name we chose for our little guy is Case. This is my grandmas maiden name. It is pretty fitting that we ended up with a boy baby at this time. My grandma isn't doing so well. So it would be great to have a baby to name after her at this time.
This isn't the best picture since it is a picture of a picture. I should scan it in for a better look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are kidding me! I hear that these types of things happen ,but never knew anyone that it happened to. That is really a huge huge shocker!!! How exciting to have a boy! What a wow story! AND you gave all of your boy stuff away! This makes me nervous that this could happen to me someday! I am a planner too. Well I just like to know if it's a boy spirit or a girl spirit that I am carrying. Helps to bond.
Post a Comment