Saturday, May 14, 2011

Neighborhood Field Trip

On Friday we took a little neighborhood field trip to the farm! My neighbor Bryan ( he is a stay at home dad.) arranged it with his farmer friend for us to visit. We had a blast! We got to pet baby lambs, go out into a pasture and pet a cow, we pet some horses, and ran around the pasture. The best line of the day came from Lukas when he said, "Look mom, that cow wiggled his bum and pooped!" I couldn't stop laughing.

Lukas petting the cute baby lambs. These baby lambs mommy died. They are being bottle fed and that is why they are so friendly! They even sucked on our fingers. They were so cute!

I couldn't believe how friendly this cow was! He just let us pet it and just sat there for a while. I guess he was bottle fed like the lambs. All the other cows ran away. While I was taking this picture I felt hot breath on me. I about jumped out of my skin to come face to face with a horse. HA HA. Not that I am afraid of horses, but he seriously snuck up on me out of nowhere!
Behind this fence was a dead sheep. The kids thought it was so neat and stood there staring at it forever! The things that amuse the little ones.
This face cracks me up!
The whole group! This was the best picture I could get.
Picture of the day hands down! These two crack me up.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

What a fun thing to do as neighbors! We need to find a local farm to go visit. Kids these days don't understand where there food really comes from. haha Love that last pic...classic!

Unknown said...

What a fun experience! I wish we lived by a farm! We would have to drive forever to take a field trip to see the animals. Closest thing we have? the Oakland Zoo. Your kiddos are too cute!