Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Case's first month

 I know I am over a month late in getting Case's one month post up, but better late then never!
Case is so sweet and we sure love having him in our family. During his first month home I would look at him and just be so grateful (still do) that he made it here safe and sound. I was just glad to be home and off of bed rest!
Things I want to remember about our first month home:
Case is my little snuggle buddy! He snuggles way more then my other kids did. It may just be because of how tiny he is. He just would curl up his little legs and curl in his little arms and was the perfect fit. Every time he slept I wanted to sleep!
Clothes were huge on him!
He has to be held at night. I mean ALL night long! It's okay though, he is my last baby and I will do whatever he wants!
He sleeps so long during the day without being held! Sometimes I forget that he is even there. ;)
SLOWEST eater EVER! I had to wake him at least every 3 hours to eat. He would sometimes take over an hour to eat his bottle. He never latched on correctly so sometimes I felt like all I did was pump and feed and start over.
Loves to be swaddled


 Lukas is totally smitten by Case. He is constantly asking to hold him and love him. The other day he was in trouble and he told us he was going to run away. We told him to go ahead, put on your shoes and coat and go. He started crying and said " I think I would miss Case too much!"
 His clothes were HUGE!

 One of my favorite outfits.
 This babe loves the boppy pillow. Probably cause he fits so perfectly into the hole inside.
 Blair loves Case a little too much! Poor kid is mauled to death by her! He takes it like a champ! One day he is going to whop her a big one.
In the hospital Case had to take a car seat test. He had to sit in the car seat for an hour and a half hooked up to oxygen. We had to see if his oxygen levels dropped during that time. We didn't want him to be in the car and have that happen. If he passed he could ride in his car seat by himself, if he failed we had to ride in the back with him to make sure he was breathing. He failed and so I had to ride in the back seat with him always. At his one month check up they tested him again and he passed! I was so excited! Also at his one month check he weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces! Way to go little guy! We sure do love him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweetheart! I am so impressed that you hold him all night! Wow I would be so tired! Your kids are so sweet with him. I am worried that my daughter will kill her sister! Such adorable kids. I'm happy all is going so well.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

he was so tiny! i'm glad that he has chubbed up so nicely :)

he looks so cute in that superman onesie!