Sunday, October 28, 2012

Jaundice

 A few days after bringing Case home he had to be on the Billi blanket for his Jaundice. There must just be something about my boys and Jaundice, cause Lukas had to be in the suit case for his as well. I remembered the experience so well with Lukas and it was NOT fun! So when the ped told me Case was going to go in the lights I started crying the second I hung up the phone. I hate that for two days I don't get to snuggle and comfort my little guy like I want. Home health delivered the lights and we got started. It was AWFUL! Worse then with Lukas. Case HATED the lights. He hates to be naked and I think this is why he didn't enjoy them. He started screaming the minute we laid him on them. He cried so hard he started choking. We had to take frequent breaks to calm him down. I was so nervous that it wasn't going to work cause of all the frequent breaks. Eventually we got him to calm down as long as we left our hand on him without moving. It was a long two nights and we were super excited when we got to take him off and send the lights back! Case is such a good baby and rarely cries so listening to him cry was so hard for me.


 This is exactly what our nights looked like for two days.
Of course on the last day he FINALLY gets the hang of it and settles down. HA HA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor little guy! I have never seen these blanket thingies. Thats great that they have something to help at home! I think that the first couple of months are hard at night anyway, but adding this on top of it all.. you must be tired!