Sunday, June 26, 2011

camping

Well we did it! We survived our first family "Roughing it," camping trip. We have been camping in the past, but with my parents in their trailer. This time we tented it. There where some things I probably could have done without, like the not sleeping so well, the early wake up, bugs, and sand EVERYWHERE! Besides those few little things we really enjoyed ourselves. We went with Karen (Dan's sister), Jake, and kiddies. Our kids had a BLAST! They loved every minute of our adventure. Especially when it meant free reign of getting dirty, and lots and lots of cousin time!

The sandy beach was for sure the favorite of the kiddies!
Cole and Lukas loved making mud pies!

Blair likes picking up clumps of mud and throwing it back into the lake. This girl got the dirtiest of all the kids! Talk about sand everywhere. I am sure she even ate a bite or two.
Sitting around the camp fire. You can tell by Blair's Marshemellow face that we enjoyed smores.
These Cousins are GREAT friends! Truly, there was not a single fight among them. They played so nice together.
Dan and Jake really wanted to fish. However, it didn't go as planned. I think they maybe fished a total of ten minutes. It is sort of hard to fish when little kiddies have other plans in mind. I think Jake and Dan will have to go on a fishing trip sans the kiddies next time!
Having fun on the boat! I love how cute they all look in their life jackets.

We docked the boat for a bit and the kids had fun climbing all over the rocks and catching lizards. The boys petted and touched the lizards. Blair however would not! She has a thing about snakes and spiders she is a tad bit afraid. The also splashed around and swam a bit in the water. I don't know how because it was FREEZING!
After boating and lunch we packed up and headed home. It was fun but exhausting. Even Blair told me she was "tired, tired, tired!" If Blair is tired you know it is the end. That girl can go forever.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks like a fun camping trip! What lake were you at?

ANeibaur said...

Oh how fun! We have never been camping as a family, and I'm really really hoping to get Shawn to go with us this year at least once. Where were you at? I love that sand! Cute pics of your kids btw. :)

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

We went to Starvation. It is about 2 hours away Alyse. Brand new camp site.At least the one we stayed at. It has only been open a few weeks. So it was really clean. The ammenities like the showers and bathrooms and such were great. I highly recommend it.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

it was such a fun trip! but, let's just do a day trip next time :)