Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stitches!

On Dan's bday March 12th Lukas had to get stitches! In all honesty I was surprised that it was him and not Blair to be my first child in stitches! Blair is just SO wild I thought for sure it would be her. It was quite the night! We went walking down by the river, and the kids wanted to throw rocks in the river. Well lets just say no rocks were thrown in the river! Blair picked up the first rock to throw in right when Lukas walked in front of her! I saw it coming, but I was on the phone with my mom and didn't have enough time to shout stop! So the rock connected to the corner of Lukas's eye. Dan and I knew right away we would need to take him in for stitches. I called the ped, while we took his shirt off and stopped the bleeding. We had already been to the the ped that morning for Blair's well check up. I should also mention that this is our new ped. Our beloved ped had passed away a few weeks earlier. We had to get a new one. Well we jokingly said, we just wanted to break him in, and to not forget us. Lukas did really well. Our new ped and his nurse were so wonderful with him. They also helped lessen the drama by making it a shot free visit. Instead of a shot to numb it they gave him a numbing creme. He did so good! Taking the stitches out 5 days later was a little bit more dramatic! Grandma did it, and he screamed and we all had to hold him down. Is it mean that I laughed a little at my little drama king? I love him drama and all!


No comments: