Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lukas

Lukas is now a two wheeler bike rider! I am SO proud of him! He asked us to take off his training wheels about 3 weeks ago. He is one of the youngest kids on the block (unless you count the 3, 2 year olds.) and was the only one with training wheels still. I think he was feeling a little left out. We took them off and he just wasn't catching on. We would practice with him but he would give up with in about 5 minutes of trying. He was having a hard time balancing. I kept asking him if maybe he just wanted to put his training wheels back on and try again in a few months. He told me no every single time! The other day after a picnic lunch he asked me if we could practice. I told him yes, but I needed to pick up lunch first and I would help him. While I was picking up lunch he just sort of took off. It was seriously CRAZY! I couldn't believe it. He has been cruising a long since. He is so glad that he can now keep up with his friends.


3 comments:

Kristy said...

Look at him go! Can't wait to see him in person!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

yay lukas! no training wheels is the coolest! :)

rain said...

Ha! I love his helmet. He is in two wheeler territory for sure. :) He's getting so big.